In May our members plan a bus trip to visit a private garden and/or plant nursery in the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley. Fond memories of recent visits to:
- Sunshine Coast Botanical Garden, Sechelt, B.C. box lunch and BC Ferries.
- The Farm Estate of Tom Hobbs & Brent Beattie, box lunch by the Secret Garden, and a Tasting our of Chaberton Winery, Langley, B.C.
- Gwen Odermatt’s Garden Petals & Butterflies, with box lunch on the lawn of Free Spirit Nursery owned by Lambert & Marjanne Vrimoed, Langley, B.C.
- The Stanley Park Rhododendron Garden; The Ted & Mary Greig Garden & The Rose Garden with Lunch at Prospect Point, Vancouver, B.C.
- Baldwin Heritage House & Garden and lunch at Deer Lake, Burnaby, B.C.
- Roedde House Museum & Garden hosted by Garden Club & Roedde House members, Barclay Street Vancouver, B.C.
- Westminster Abbey Benedictine Monastery and farmlands in Mission, lunch at the Artful Dodger Pub, Langley, B.C.
May 31, 2018 Sunshine Coast Botanical Garden and two Roberts Creek private gardens
May 2017- Bus Trip to Free Spirit Nursery and Gwen Odermatt’s private garden.
2016 – Bus trip to Bowen Island private gardens
2013 – Trip to Alpine Garden at UBC Botanical Garden (Roseline Sturdy Amphitheature)
Stanley Park Rhododendron Garden Tour